IMDG Code 2020 Edition (incl. Amendment 40-20)
Purchase the printed edition, 2 volumes (Volume 1 and Volume 2), or
Purchase the e-reader version, 2 volumes (Volume 1 and Volume 2) (the E-reader version is in the e-Reader format which requires the use of the free IMO Bookshelf software). Note that this version is only compatible with Windows pc’s.
Note that the IMO has extended IMDG Code Amendment 39-18 until 31 May 2022 due to the Covid pandemic. Amendment 40-20 may be used on a voluntary basis from the 1st of January 2021 and becomes mandatory on the 1st of June 2022.
The International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code) is the code used for all aspects of the transport of dangerous goods (including marine pollutants) by sea.
Volume 1 (parts 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the IMDG Code) contains the following sections:
- General provisions, definitions and training
- Packing and tank provisions
- Consignment procedures
- Construction and testing of packagings, IBCs, large packagings, portable tanks, MEGCs and road tank vehicles
- Transport operations
Volume 2 contains part 3:
- Dangerous Goods List,
- Special provisions and exceptions
- Appendices A and B (generic and N.O.S. Proper Shipping Names, and glossary of terms)